Dogs can eat red pepper, because these red bell peppers have excellent source of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber content in that. Red peppers can be prepared with a stew of meatballs or topped on the pizza or dices in the salad where it contains little amount of saturated fats and cholesterol and very rich in the vitamin K, vitamin A and has the fiber. Before feeding the red pepper to your furry friend you need to know some facts about the red peppers.
What are red peppers?
This red pepper can be a bell pepper or cayenne pepper which is in red color. There is a variety in this red pepper of sweet pepper. Where these sweet pepper is fleshy, tangy vegetable with the mild taste and strong flavour.
Can really dog eats red peppers
The answer is yes, the dog can eat these red bell peppers and this can be served to them once in a while then it would be fine. It is very rich in vitamins and dietary fibers which are very good for your dog’s health.
Essential rich contents in bell peppers
- Vitamin A – Where these bell peppers are very nutritious than green or yellow pepper. The most significant peppers are the beta carotene which is the essential thing for the dog’s health and it can be easily convert into the vitamin A. This also an excellent booster for the animal’s vision.
- Antioxidants – Another excellent bonus which comes through this red pepper is antioxidants. These antioxidants work to prevent the body cells and improve the immune system for the dogs. Also it helps to maintain the healthy bones, coat the skin also as well as the reproductive system of them.
- Other vitamins – There is also other vitamins available in the red pepper they are vitamin E and C. Vitamin E are used in the dog shampoo to help and maintain the healthy glossy coat of the skin and it helps to improve the skin and muscles which also helps to heal the injuries in any case. Vitamin C helps to cope the physical stress of the dog due to any injury or pregnancy. So these red bell peppers have the considerable amount of vitamins which helps to keep you dog stay healthy.
Effects of having excessive red pepper
Always be careful with the amount of peppers you feeding because too much of consuming will make your dog to suffer from the diarrhea or in some forms of stomach upset where you need to help it by giving a low protein dog food.
What happen with cayenne pepper?
- Even though it is not toxic dog specialist says that feeding cayenne pepper is not safe for the dogs. If that powder comes to the contact of the eyes, or nose or paws it will cause severe irritation and burning sensation to them.
- This powder offers a therapeutic acid for the dogs even if you feed a small quantity.
Benefits of cayenne pepper
- It widened the blood vessels which are commonly known as the vasodilation which increases the blood flow around the body.
- Also it gives the warming effect due to widened blood vessels which can make dogs to suffer from the poor circulation.
- If there is any bleeding due to wound, then it can be applied in the tiny quantity on the wounds to stop the blood and it won’t burn as much as swallowing it.